Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Long Awaited

This post is about two long awaited things: 1. My first pedicure in over five years, and 2. the pictures of my pink walls.

So the pdicure... I have had plantar warts on my feet since I was pregnant with E, thus preventing me from getting a professional pedicure. After much effort, they are finally (mostly) gone. So, since I can't reach my feet myself, I set out for a pedicure.

Funny thing happened in the comfy, vibrating spa chair in a room full of strong and foreign smells- I started to feel lightheaded, like I was about to pass out. It will go away, I told myself. Then I prayed it would go away. But no. Progressively worse, friends. It got to the point where I almost couldn't hear anything. So I told the lady I didn't feel well, she saw my lack of pigment and took me over to the couch to lie down. She then gave me some menthol stuff that she uses (as she herself passes out quite frequently) and tried to take care of me with water, Dr. Pepper and Asian Shrimp Crackers.

I can't remember when I have been taken care of so well. And I love my new beautiful feet.

Now, before I post the pics of my family room, let me make the following disclaimer: I love interior design, I watch HGTV when I can, I have a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens, and yet, I am no interior decorator. I can't quite get it right. So forgive me. Hopefully with time I will have my mother's skills of turning trash into home decor treasure. Until then...

This is my kids room, that my sis and I painted a few months ago. I am supposed to make more kites, but hey, it took me months to sit down and do the three you see here.



These are some scrapbook style works I did for the wall going up the stairs. The frames are mirrors from the dollar store.



This is a picture I got for Baby Spider's room. I bought the pic and the frame separately at a thrift store. The picture was actually bigger with a rip in the corner and the frame was all white. I chopped the pic a little, painted the frame and voila! Less than 2 bucks.



Here it is, the family room. Note the contrasting stencil work... And I need something for that right corner space. A picture or a huge plant or something.



The couch needs a throw or a quilt or something. And pretty pillows to tie the colors together better.



In my dining room.



It is a shame that this picture did not turn out better, as it is my favorite of the pink walls.



Well, at least they like my decorating...



And that's that. Let me know what you think.

Also, please note that if you spend almost an hour trying to make a post like this using dial-up internet, your two year old will take a pen and create tiger stripes running the entire length of her legs.

15 comments:

the lizness said...

your walls do look lovely! maybe a big plate on a holder and some greenery for the top of that armoire. so sad to hear of your pedicure fainting. and where are the pics of your toes? :)

Mrs. Andrews said...

Cute walls, love the kites! Yes, we would like to see your beautiful feet!

Lara said...

I'm so glad your pedicurist took care of you! Pregnancy does have it's up side.

Love the pink walls. You're amazing to even THINK about doing that with small chilin.

Anonymous said...

Those shades of pink make my kitchen color a whole lot easier to choose. I love IT!!

Emily said...

the walls look great; i especially love the stencils. :)
thanks for sharing the pictures!

Kathryn Thompson said...

I like the walls. They are very pink. I'm glad Charming is man enough to take it. Did she finish your feet on the couch or did you recover for the conclusion of the beautification?

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You deserve a medal for doing this with Dial-Up! Truly.
Moving right along...the colors of your walls in what you showed us are really beautiful...Your home is Beautiful.
My Tour is up, too!

Mama Duck said...

Ha ha ha ha, at least it was only her legs. The horrors of permanent marker were unleashed on my house once a few months ago..... Anyway, just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

DYM- the lady did indeed finish my nails on the couch.

And I would show the feet, but no digital camera... But my birthday is coming...

Carole Burant said...

Thanks so much for sharing your home with us...it's lovely and I too love the pink walls!!

Tammy said...

Thank you for the tour! Love the stenciling! You should be proud of yourself for all that...the thought of it intimidates me a bit.

Sorry for your almost fainting spell but glad you still got a lot of pampering in! :)

PastormacsAnn said...

First of all: your kids are too cute for words! That picture alone was worth the visit!

Your home is lovely. Great stenciling job and the kites are so creative. I don't know why you said you're no interior decorator. From everything in the tour, I'd say you have the knack for it.

Thanks for letting me visit.

Barb said...

I really like your pink walls. Very striking, especially in your living room. Cute, cute kids. Thank you for letting me drop in.

Anonymous said...

I am sure the little one looks cute with tiger stripes!!
I love the window treatments!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

At least she didn't write on those pretty pink walls, love the stenciling.