Saturday, July 08, 2006

Nesting

Sorry no post for awhile. It's been a little bit crazy around here...

I've been nesting.

This is my third pregnancy. I have never successfully made it to 34 weeks without going on bedrest (I am 34 weeks on Tuesday, cross your fingers) and I have consequently never had the true "nesting" urge.

Until now.

I was on vacation in Idaho for a week and while there I got decorating fever. Perhaps it was the plethora of home and garden type magazines that were available at the cabin or maybe all the HGTV I watched. I don't know. But something happened and when I came home, life took a turn.

Charming did an amazing job getting the house all clean for our return. And yet over the next few days I found myself obsessively cleaning, making plans, and making sure all the art and decor I have had lying around for months got hung up on the walls.

And on Monday I bought paint. A sophisticated rose color called "cheeky", but let's not be fooling ourselves here, it's pink. And I had to paint the walls IMMEDIATELY. Not the nursery folks, the dining room. The room where all genders convene for meals. Risky? I don't know, but I LOVE IT. It looks SO good.

Needless to say, I probably overdid it a little on that day. The Fourth found me more than a little exhausted and I consumed a bit too much medium rare beef that night as at 2 am I was in the hospital. I had woken up around 1 am with some serious contractions. I get them all the time, but this time they were a little too close, and a little too uncomfortable in between. I threw up. I didn't feel better. I pooed. I didn't feel better. So after a prayer and a call to the neighbor, we were off.

The sort of funny thing is that on the drive there I made Charming pull over so I could puke some more. A car drove by, and I thought to myself, "It's fourth of July eve, they probably think I am drunk." Ironic, since I don't drink. Anyway.

So we went to the labor and delivery. They gave me a bag of fluid and a shot of morphine in the bum and I was ever so sleepy for the next 24 hours or more. I literally slept all day Wednesday, put the kids to bed early since Charming was working late, and went to bed at 9:30 and woke up Thursday morning at 8:30. Can you see why I didn't blog?

And then on Thursday, Charming and I took a few days to go to a hotel and enjoy the local sights without the kids.

So nice. And now I am back. Not on bedrest, and ready to paint the family room.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Any way we are going to get a picture of that pink dining room? I can't quite picture it. But, given my latest passion for all things PINK, I'd LOOOVE to see it!

Emily said...

that sounds awesome! (ok, not the contractions and puking, i meant the nesting!) -- i too hope we get to see a picture of the dining room! (and the living room once it's finished!). i am glad you're back!

WarriorWife said...

I can't wait to come up and see it. What color are you doing to living room? Green? Blue? Brown? I love painting! :) Give me a call and tell me when I can come...k?

Kathryn Thompson said...

You are crazy! Pictures please.

Anonymous said...

My heavens, Stephanie. You are out of control. I hope you make it. Let's chat soon!

Stephanie said...

Pictures? Okay, but it may take awhile as the family room is a work in progress and I don't own a digital camera!

Erin said...

Can't wait until I have a house of my own to do stuff like that with, or maybe I can. I go back and forth. I'm glad to hear that you aren't on bedrest, I couldn't imagine, I know it was tough enough for you with just E and being on bed rest. Good luck! We really need to get together.

Mrs. Andrews said...

Take care of yourself and don't go to crazy! I know it's fun to be able to do that kind of stuff. I went crazy like that last year when we bought our first home. Have fun and good luck. Glad that you are doing well and are healthy!