Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dirt Devils and Doughnuts

I have a friend from Australia who calls her 18 month old her "little Hoover" since she eats everything she can off of the floor. Serena is the same way, but she seems to have a preference for dirt. I guess she's my "Dirt Devil.".....

Mike decided that tonight would be a good night to pull weeds. This was a fine idea since they are starting to grow large and we don't want our yard to turn out like our neighbors who have a mini forest. (Since the guy does yards, I thought maybe they were growing some kind of plant to use in his business, until Mike informed me that they were weeds, and yes our yard could go that route). Anyway, so we are in the back of the yard pulling weeds and the kids are next to the house playing on our cement "patio." Every once in awhile I have to run back and make Serena spit out rocks or dirt. On my last trip back to the house, I notice she's got a lot of dirt, but something else catches my eye. Something familiar... My sticks! She has ripped off part of one of my lovely and precious Royal Pawlonia sticks! No doubt she's tasted it. Too bad tasting is not a way to determine life signs...

Speaking of tasting... A little while later I was eating a banana and Ethan saw me. Apparently he thought it was a doughnut since he said, "I want a doughnut." I just looked at him and said, "I want a doughnut too," suddenly wishing I had shelled out the four bucks for the Krispy Kremes at Albertsons. Which got me thinking, how bad would it be really if I ate a doughnut a day? And a bowl of ice cream? Would I really gain that much weight? Would it be that detrimental to my health? Surely it would not affect my eternal salvation. Heavenly Father would not have allowed doughnuts to be invented if we would go to Heck if we ate them. (I know that's faulty logic). I will have to be giving this some more thought, as I have really been craving doughnuts lately.

1 comment:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I don't know about Heck but I think you'd surely go to Hell. :)