Wednesday, September 21, 2005

No photo cheerio pee-pee man

Went to Kiddie Kandids today to get our free birthday 8 x 10's. Serena did wonderfully. 5 poses no problem. Sweet, blessed, wonderful, angel child. Ethan's first picture was fine. His second one, okay... But after that he refused to cooperate at all with the photographer and spent the next 30 minutes crying, kicking and screaming. I tried everything I could. Bribes. More bribes. Threats. Hugs, kisses, tickles. But he was not having it. All this while I am trying to keep my "angel child" from running loose out into the mall. Finally the photographer lady (who should have just taken 3 more poses of Ethan on the red bench he had fallen in love with) said, "shall we just go with the 2 then?" Duh.

So other than that, I just had a couple of semi-comical moments with Ethan, the one who- cannot- be- trusted- downstairs- alone. I was upstairs using the internet when the prince decided to go downstairs and apparently have himself some Albertsons brand berry cheerios. When I came to check on him, half of the box was spread on the ground and he was picking all of the berries out of them. I helped him clean up, asked him if he had to go pee (he said no, of course) and I came back up. When I went back down the second time I found a pool of yellow not far from the cheerio incident (where he was still sitting). Our conversation went something like this:

me: What's this on the floor?

E: It's pee.

me: Why is pee-pee on the floor?

E: Pee-pee in the kitchen.

I then try to wriggle his pants off while holding him in mid-air, attempting to avoid touching the soiled clothing. I get said pants off but lose my grip, and they go flying, landing in-- you guessed it-- the pee puddle. I think I may have let a bad word slip, but was overcome with the giggles, while telling Ethan sternly that he needed to help clean it up.

Incidentally, Ethan is still downstairs alone. He is naked too.

No comments: