Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm normal, the Mom's club might work out, and my Avon Lady is DEFINITELY a man

Well the tests came back disappointingly normal. Guess I'll be going to bed earlier for the rest of my LIFE.

Also, a while ago I posted about my experience with a certain mom's group. The ladies were not, umm very social or welcoming, so I promptly quit subjecting myself to THAT. Anyway, I got a call earlier this week from a lady from the same mom's group. She basically said that the group was going through some changes. IE the old board members were leaving the group and the numbers were starting to dwindle and would I be interested in possibly being on the board. Hmmm....

So I called her back and told her why I had not come in the past. Uninviting experience, mom's not my age, left feeling worse than when I came, etc. Apparently I had not been the only one with these complaints... Anyway, she invited me to a playgroup yesterday and you know what? It was fun. Some new, nice and social girls and around my approximate same age. Yay! It might work out this time.

And my Avon Lady is a man. I am sure of it. The one time I called to speak with "her" it was a lady's voice mail and I left a message. The call was returned by a man (her "husband") and the product was delivered by a man in a Budweiser shirt. I recently placed another order via email. Guess who delivered my stuff? The same man, wearing a different, but nevertheless Budweiser shirt.

Now Charming says the guy said he was just doing deliveries for his "wife." I say if he really has a wife who sells Avon, she is either a white type personality, so passive and people shy that he does her business for her, or she is a red and just really wears the pants.

But I am pretty sure there's no wife. And my Avon Lady is actually Budweiser Man.

5 comments:

WarriorWife said...

rofl! I have never heard of an Avon MAN! And I think it's hilarious that you and Prince Charming are analyzing the personality of a "wife" you've never met!

I'm so glad I know you. My life would not be complete without laughs like this from you. :)

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay Princess, it is nice to finally meet one of the other Stephanies that show up in the comments. I keep meaning to visit but I get lost "bloghopping" and can't find my way back.

Kudos to you and your mom club experience. I tried the one in our area and the women weren't very nice. I am glad you are now having a better time of it.

LMBO about your Avon...Um...person? Maybe I will go with Mary K@y.

BRB...checking out the archives...hope you don't mind.

Brooke said...

I wonder if Budweiser Man does facials?

Anonymous said...

OH that is soooooo Funny Please start a series of novels called "Adventures in Avon" I am totally curious what you have recently ordered? Is that too personal?? If so sorry. If not post it I love NEW PRODUCT reviews.

Kathryn Thompson said...

That is the best title for a post I have EVER seen in my entire life. The avon man/lady is killing me. I'm so glad about the playgroup too. Yay, but...um...who has a playgroup with a "board"?