Thursday, March 16, 2006

Royal Sleep Requires a King

My mom has a king sized bed that she paid $2.50 for. Yes you read that right, it cost two dollars and fifty cents. She has a knack for getting the great deals, though actually, my stepdad was the one who scored this one. He was at an auction with my grandpa and no one was bidding on this king sized mattress (of course it has a waterbed frame, and that's a little unusual) and so when the auctioneer got down to $2.50 my stepdad was like, "what they hey, I'll go for it." Now they have a king sized bed that cost them less than a kids meal at Carl's Jr.

And I am jealous.

E last night climbed into our bed at 2 am. Charming didn't notice this, even though E climbed directly over him to get in. For whatever reason, E feels he must sleep on his back to take up as much room on the bed as possible. In addition to this he has a reflex that causes him to swing his arm out when he is sleeping on his back. So, yes, I was smacked in the face for three hours by a three year old until I finally asked Charming to put the boy in his own bed. My husband is a deep sleeper, and he is not very coherent when you wake him. Since he didn't know E was in our bed, I don't know that he knew what I had asked him to do. He asked me, "how do I do it?" Ummm, pick him up and put him in his bed.

Anyway. I so very desperately desire a king size bed of my very own. Anyone selling one? I don't think I can pay more than two dollars and fifty cents. Let me know if you hear of anything. And umm, don't forget to add on to the story from the last post. It needs your mad writing skills!

4 comments:

Erin said...

We never let our kids hope in bed with us, unless it's past 6 or 6:30AM, when we now they won't be going back to bed, and to give us some more zzz's. But lately S doesn't want to get in bed and just go straight downstairs for TV, which at least he's ok doing by himself. We didn't want our kids to get in the habit of sleeping with us, because both of us like our space when we sleep and don't want them to think that it's ok to come sleep with us when both of them have really nice beds, probably nicer than ours that they should be using. So that works for us, and keeps us from needing a king sized bed, for now. Not to say there aren't exception when they do sleep with us, but there has got to be a good reason.

Rachelle said...

We just got a Cali king and love it. It's such heaven! We put Cam in bed with us sometimes, so it is essential for us. I hope you can get one soon!

Lei said...

No joke! 2 people 6 ft. tall and over here and we have a queen sized bed! Lol! All because the mom-in-law said it was more aesthetically pleasing (she's an interior designer).

Anonymous said...

Naturally, from my last comment to the wrong blog post, you will realize that I have not mastered the art of giving comments to my wonderfully talented daughter. So, just to correct the story, I was the one that bid on the bed. Elecorn's stepfather thought I was crazy UNTIL we got the bed home and he had the best night's sleep he has ever had. Even though Elecorn is a bit envious, what she neglected to tell you is that it sits on a waterbed frame from the 70's that makes the $2.50 price seem like a REAL bargain.