Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday Morning Confessions: Tasks I Do NOT Enjoy

I was going to title this post "Kid Tasks I Don't Like" but I didn't want to portray parenthood too negatively. Plus in all honesty, I really couldn't come up with many! Except for...

1. Blowing Bubbles for the Kids.
Yeah, don't like it. I love seeing their delight, but I hate the stickies on my fingers and the way they always want to do it themselves, so... Enter the My First Bubble Blower!

They just pull the handle and bubbles shoot out the top, I do nothing, they get bubbles and I don'thave to clean anything afterwards! (Amazon sells it for $12, we got ours on sale at the Tar-jhay for $10 on sale.)

2. Mopping the Floors
Not so much the task, but the preparation. The sweeping, the furniture moving, the buckets... Ugh.

3. Taking Showers
Before I go on, I do shower on a regular basis, and I consider myself quite clean. I do enjoy being in the shower, but getting out (cold!), drying off, and having to do my hair are mega-MEGA unfun.

4. Bra Shopping
Haven't done it lately, but it needs to be done. I just hate going and trying them on and seeing how every single brazier fits me in some uniquely strange way. I mean, the bra sizing is not quite accurate is it? They should sell sizes like 34 A perky, or 44 D hangs low, or for me 36 C has nursed two babies and is currently pregnant. Wouldn't that make it easier? Ooh! Or some kind of Jetson's style machine where you just walk in and walk out with a perfectly fitting bra. Yeah. Sounds good.

5. Being Sick
Not exactly a "task" per se, but I am sick today. Sore throat, lack of voice, head bursting, phlegm. Not fun. At least it's snowing outside, so I have double excuses to have a lazy movie watching day with the kiddies.

All right, I know you don't love doing everything. So I turn it over to you for your own confessions...

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ah bra shopping. Something I need to desperately do, but keep putting off.

WarriorWife said...

with you on the floor mopping

and cleaning the bath tub--to really do a halfway decent job you end up soaked...

Lei said...

Wow! Add going to the dentist and I think we'd be twins separated at birth! Lol!

Blackeyedsue said...

Just found your blog...Love it!!! Please tell me you are a child of the early seventies? I am a Stephanie that graduated with about four other Stephanies...in Utah no less.

I agree with the floor mopping and the bath-tub scrubbing. I add to that grocery shopping with children and laundry--I think all of my clothes had babies.

Blackeyedsue said...

I meant late seventies...or seventies whenever. It is late

Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm totally with you on the bubble blowing and bra shopping. I also hate cleaning up pee. I know I'm heartless, but I really hate it, today, in the living room, on the carpet. That is all.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I don't like the dentist, probably why I haven't been in years.

Cleaning up pee? I do it so much, I don't even think about it anymore.