Monday, April 10, 2006

Should we let him open his own bank account?

So E knows what money is. He recognizes coins as money, and dollar bills as money. (As a side note, he once slipped me a fifty while I was taking a nap.) Anyway. I don't know if he knows what money is for, but as it turns out this kid may be more observant than I thought. Yesterday he brought me my American Express card and said, "Here's your money, Mom."

Wow.

Since we've never called credit cards money, I was impressed.

Not bad for a three year old, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious--"Here's your money, Mom." Cute story.

Lei said...

You definitely should! My 7 yr. old got one for her 5th b-day and now all her b-day money goes in there! It's never too early to save $$$!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Laylee asked me for my card the other day so she could buy some "things." Hmm? I don't think so, chicky.