Thursday, April 20, 2006

Reenie Strikes Again


As I was going to bed last night, I grabbed one of my pillows only to find several pantiliners stuck to it. I had a chuckle and went to sleep.

This morning, Reenie found some additional mischief. She found my heated eyelash curler and shoved it curler part first into a tub of vaseline. It was pretty far in there, folks and I have not even attempted to take it out and clean it. When I found her, she had vaseline all over her adorable, smiling face.

So we came to check some e-mail. Apparently, while I deleted my fan mail from Pottery Barn, Reenie was decorating herself with black pen. I looked down to see her shoving it in her diaper and then drawing all over her legs. Funny thing is, rather than snatching the pen right away, I just sat and watched her, thinking how I probably should stop the nonsense. I took the pen. She got it back without me noticing. And then as she was toddling out of the room I observed something quirky about her stride. The pen was sticking out of the back of her diaper, and she was trying to keep it from falling out.

Crazy kid.

At bedtime we sing songs to our kids, usually whatever they request. Tonight's bedtime routine went like this:

Reenie: Song...
Me: What song?
Reenie: Up above... so High (translation, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
(I then sing her request)
Reenie: Song..
Me: What song?
Reenie: Up above... so High.
(I sing it again)
Reenie: Song..
Me: What song?
Reenie: Up above... so High.
Me: Umm, how about a different song. What do you want E?
E: I am going to pick a different one.
Me: Okay, which one?
E: Twinkle, Twinkle.

I sang it again and left them to their sweet dreams. What a life we lead... Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thing 1 cries loud when I sing that song he knows it's a bedtime one. LOL

Kathryn Thompson said...

That kid is such a crackup - in a "how do you sleep knowing she's possibly loose in the house" sort of way.

WarriorWife said...

She wanted to keep it in her diaper? Has that become her "safe place to store stuff"? Because that is hilariously a little gross. :)

Rachelle said...

LOL, your girl is so freaking so cute.