Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bummers and Boogers

Have you ever met someone that from the outside appears to be someone you could really hit it off with, but when they open their mouth, you realize how oh-so-very-wrong you were?

Yes, this happened to me yesterday at a church-sponsored scrapbooking group. She was one of three to show up. Right off, I notice she has a Creative Memories bag, so I ask her, "Oh, so you do Creative Memories, too?" No, she says. Later she explains that her sister had gotten involved in it, so her mother bought everyone Creative Memories stuff to support her daughter.

Me: Oh. I am actually a consultant.
Her: Oh, then you don't want to know my opinion on it.
Me: Oh?
Her: Yeah, I think they are WAY too expensive and I pretty much hate all multi-level marketing set-ups.
Me: Huh.

Okay, so I think it's a bit pricey too, but it was the way she said it, and c'mon this is our first interaction. You don't tell someone that the thing they are involved in sucks the first time you talk to them. Alright, so moving on. This lady has two kids around the same ages as mine and she is also pregnant, like me, and due around the same time. Perfect, I think.

Me: So are you scared or excited to have three?
Her: I don't really think about it much.
Me: (WHAT??? I am scared out of my ever loving mind) Oh, really?
Her: Yeah, half the time I forget that I am pregnant.
Me: (WHAT?????? If only I didn't feel so blasted fat and nauseated maybe I'd forget too.) Huh.

Yeah, not a good match. Not a good match at all.

And in other news, we have had a lot of "booger talk" around here lately. Yesterday, E and I had this conversation:

Me: What are you eating?
E: Nose.
Me: Are you eating boogers?
E: Yes.
Me:That's disgusting

Then this morning:

Reenie: (pointing these things out) Eyes. Nose.
E: Where's my nose? (Points to it).
Me: That's right, E.
E: It's got boogers in it. (Sniffs up the snots)

I then tell Charming about the previous conversation to which E responds, "That's disgusting."

Lovely. All of it lovely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeew, the boogers. :) Amazing how many gross things we can endure for our kids.

WarriorWife said...

Hey, sorry this isn't really about your post (although boogers are gross and the gal's unimpression stinks). I have been meaning to ask you a question, and can't remember your "real" email address.
How, in one post, do you link to previous posts? I can't figure it out, and I really want to do it in some of my blogs. I'm helpless, huh? But please fill me in on yet another "blogger world secret".

mommy to six J's said...

How do you forget you are pregnant was she showing?It is hard to connect with people like that.
Char

Unknown said...

Where do these women get their manners? I seriously can't understand these girls and their attitudes. I could NEVER act like that, I think even if I hated something i'd just smile, nod, and seem interested at least!

Kathryn Thompson said...

I hate when I miss a connection with someone I really feel like I should connect with. That really is a bummer.