Monday, February 20, 2006

Frumpy Ump

Well, it has been a lovely week-end. My mommy came to stay with me, and I was amazed at how in minutes she could do the same amount of cleaning that takes me ummm... days. Yeah, it was great.

What is not so great, is that I have officially reached the frumpy stage of my pregnancy. I must now wear pants that fit me in the waist but are overly large in ever other place. My shirts must either be too baggy or especially tight and curve defining. I am too big for my normal clothes and too small for maternity clothes, and therefore I look frumpy, folks. I hate to say it, but I am a baggedy, frumpedy mess, and add to that the fact that I am still not wearing make-up or spending time on my hair, and you have, well a Frumper. A Frumperis Majoris. A big ol' pile of Frumpocity.

And so I wait. I wait for my belly to rapidly expand so I at least look pregnant and not, hmm, let's say bulgy. Because then I can pull all my cute maternity clothes out of storage and I can even go shopping for more. Hooray!

And does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can beat the frump? I don't really remember what I did before. That is, if I did anything at all...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a tough stage. I always want to wear a t-shirt that said, "I'm not chubby, I'm actually pregnant." Hang on. It will pass quickly.

Anonymous said...

That's "want-ED"...past tense--not pregnant now, though I could probably pass for it...

Rachelle said...

I hope that stage passes quickly for you! I'm fat to begin with, so it's hard to tell when I am pg. With Cam, I was in line at Walmart the day before I delivered, wearing a maternity shirt and looking obviously pg for a fat lady. A lady in my ward saw me and asked, "Are you pg?" Um, I sure hope so, but thanks for that.

Lei said...

Just got past that myself (20 weeks)! It's a difficult phase!

Kathryn Thompson said...

I would like a frumpicture, please. Just for fun.