Monday, February 06, 2006

An Open Letter to my Electric Toothbrush

Dear sir or madam,

After a long time apart, I would like to express my gratitude at your return. I have to admit, it is partly my fault that you spent so much time in Suitcase in the Closet land, and if it hadn't been for my need to return Red Suitcase, we might never have been reunited. But it is over my friend, and we are at last together again.

My tooth-brushing experience in your absence was ever so dull and commonplace. Your tiny toothbrush head, fits so nicely and unobtrusively in my mouth, not like Aquafresh Toothbrush, that big space stealing jerk. You, however, are just the right size.

When I used you yesterday morning, after your first night back on the charger, I felt like I was in Oral-B Heaven. It was a personal massage for my teeth and gums. Oh, the ecstasy! I cannot believe that ever entertained the thought of leaving you forever! The way you just moved so rapidly, eradicating every piece of the offending plaque! My motions were so effortless, and yet I felt a deeper sense of toothy clean than I have felt in the past month. You are amazing!

And so on this note, thank you. I love you, love you, love you!

Sincerely,

Stephanie and Her Mouth

9 comments:

WarriorWife said...

You're funny too. :)

Do electric toothbrushes really make more of a difference than manual toothbrushes?

Erin said...

Do they? I didn't believe the hype about it, until my mom got me one. Do they make a difference? Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. I didn't know what clean teeth felt like until I got one, well besides after going to the dentist. I won't name drop here, but I love my expensive toothbrush. Thank heavens for a mother who can get it for a fraction of the cost, and gives us replacement heads for christmas every year. You don't know what you are missing until you try it.

Kathryn Thompson said...

It's really that good, eh? Hmmmm. I'll have to try one....maybe yours. Do they sterilize up well?

Heather said...

I guess I've gotta get me some of that action. :)

Rachelle said...

LOL! This is great. I like my toothbrush, but I don't know if it and me have quite the same love affair going (although it is an Oral B)

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I share your love for the electric toothbrush. No regular toothbrush will ever be as good.

JD said...

I feel you sista. They need to come out with one that doesn't need recharging. SOOO refreshing.

Ortensia Norton said...

YOu make me want to go out and buy one.

emlouisa said...

I SO love my electric toothbrush. It broke and I was so sad! I finally got a new one and I was AMAZED at how clean my teeth feel afterwards. I had forgotten!