Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Case for Crafts

Lately, I have been working on these:


I know, I know. I am the most creative person, ever.

Just kidding.

So here's the thing: I really enjoy doing little stuff like this. (These are Valentine's Day cards, by the way...) For whatever reason, creating little crafty stuff like these or doing my scrapbook during the day makes me feel like I have done something special. Like my life is more than just dishes and diaper duty. I am suddenly flipping amazing, and not just a regular ol' mom of tots. And I like doing things like this because they are quick and I can see the results right away. (Unlike needlework, which I also sometimes do, that takes weeks or months to see the final product). Instant gratification. Instant self-esteem boost. Something to do with my hands other than cleaning up poo. Yea!!!

So yes, I enjoy the arts and crafts. They make me feel happy. You should try some too.

7 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

They are loverly. I can not do cards and scrapbooky things. I marvel before your amazing powers.

WarriorWife said...

This is stuff I totally love too. Unfortunately, but budget and my schedule don't allow for much of anything right now. I do plan on getting more tools in the next couple of years and finding time to do it too. My favorites are cards, not so much of a picture scrapbook fan. I'll have to look at your scrapbooks sometime.

Chilihead2 said...

ka-UTE! Those are really fantastic. I've just been bitten by the sewing bug so I empathize with your need for pretty, crafty things to add more to your life than dirty diapers.

Came over from Shannon's blog. Enjoyed it!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Man oh man, that is a talent I severly lack in. I haven't learned to give up on it though, so if I ever posted one it might look like my 5 year old made a card....while he was on crack...yes I really am that bad.

owlhaven said...

Very cute!
Mary

JD said...

OOHHH AWWWW I like them very much do you do classes??

Pam said...

They are beautiful! I've been making some Valentines, too, with my new stamps. They are fun, and I enjoy the break from bein' the mommy for a bit, as well. I've even got my kids in on the craftin'.