Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Son, the Cake Eating Ketchup

Last night we had a lovely Valentine's Day dinner at home. We had shrimp, steak, and the most decadent chocolate tuxedo cake that I bought at Smith Meyer. (Used to be Fred Meyer, now Smith's Marketplace.) It was nice.

This morning I made the mistake of addressing E as "son." I was quickly informed that he was not "son" but was indeed E. This conversation ensued:

E: I'm E.
Me: Yes. Are you E. Smith?
E: No, I am not E. Smith. I am E Ketch.
Me: E Ketch?
E: I am E the Ketchup.

Well, it turns out that he is actually E the cake snatcher. I came down moments ago to see my three year old sitting at the table, open cake box in front of him, ready for a little dessert. He wanted some "birthday cake" apparently.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cutie. Will his name be legally changed?

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Cute! So, how was breakfast this morning?? Was it delicious, chocolate cake???

Morris said...

Let the kid have his fun!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

Anonymous said...

That kid. Too cute!

Kathryn Thompson said...

He CRACKS ME UP!