Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Florida

Well, we are in Florida. We got here yesterday. Since we are on a vacation, the children are of course, sick. Coughing, sore throats, runny noses...

I think they put out an advertisement about a week ago. I imagine it said something like this:

WANTED: A Few Good Germs
Going on vacation, want to make parents and selves as miserable as possible.
If you're a nasty germ, we want you!
Experience preferred, but not required.
Great Benefits! Trip to Disney World included in package.
Germs unable to infect adults need not apply.

They do this every time we go on vacation. I am sick this time, as well, and feeling pretty miserable. I am glad I missed the vomit attack of a couple of weeks ago, but apparently it is my turn now. The good thing about being sick on a trip such as this, is that there are other people around who can take care of Reenie and E, so that I don't have to. But it doesn't make for a fab vacation. Oh well, can't have everyhting, I guess.

Does this happen to anyone else?

2 comments:

Ortensia Norton said...

Oh ya. I have heard it said that with change of routines and any sign of relaxation exp after stress, the body gets sick. And we just left for holidays and husband and daughter have colds.

BUT YOU ARE IN FLORIDA and I in cold canada. But which is worse? Getting no warm weather or not being able to enjoy what you do have??

Merry Christmas!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Timing is everything. They'll get better when they see their stockings Christmas mornings. (Why do I always want to type "stalkings?")