Friday, December 09, 2005

Seven Sevens

I have been tagged by Daring Young Mom.

Here we go.

Seven things I hope to do before I die:

1. Record a CD (I just need to get on it, there's nothing really stopping me)
2. Go on a mission with my husband
3. Start my own business
4. Watch my children grow into upstanding, moral adults
5. Live near my family again-- I really would like my children to have their grandparents more in their lives
6. Be good enough on the piano to play in church
7. Understand how to communicate better with my children (who are sometimes very irrational)

Seven things I cannot do:

1. Crochet. I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to learn, and how frustrated my instructors and I have gotten. I am crochet-tarded.
2. Spend money on things that I think are too expensive- regardless of quality, brand etc..
3. Lie. Occasionally, I may omit certain facts, but rarely, and usually only to my dad, to spare argument or confrontation. Even then though I usually come out with it. I am a very honest person.
4. Get an epidural. I am so incredibly scared of needles. I have borne two children, one in the hospital with pitocin and one without. I had the option the first time, but still didn't do it. The whole notion of a needle in my spine gives me the jibblies.
5. Get plastic surgery. I flip out whenever I color my hair and it doesn't look like me. No way I could go under the knife. If I didn't recognize the lady in the mirror, I think I'd be beside myself.
6. Have nice things (including furniture) in my house while my children are still young. Puke, poop, pee, playing. 'Nuff said.
7. Give up chocolate. If God Himself asked me to, I would. Other than that, not happening.

Seven things that attract me to my spouse (significant other, best friend)

1. He is driven and motivated
2. He is a wonderful Daddy
3. The way that he supports me and desires to help me accomplish my goals
4. The way he constantly seeks to become a better person
5. His sensitivity towards me
6. His blue eyes-- I have a weakness for them
7. His faith in Jesus Christ, and his commitment to follow Him

Seven things I say often:

1.Like
2. Would you like to do ___ or go to your room?
3. Do you want to go pee pee or poo poo on the potty?
4, Do you want to use the potty or go to your room?
5. I love you
6. Quotes from movies like Napoleon Dynamite (Your mom goes to college...)
7. When are you coming home? (To Charming, every day when he's at work)

Seven books or series I love:

1.The scriptures
2. The Last Unicorn by Peter S.Beagle
3.Harry Potter (I know, I am a nerd)
4. Pride and Predjudice
5. Les Miserables
6. Lord of the Rings
7. So That's What They're For! (This is a book about breastfeeding, but it is hilarious.)

Seven movies I could watch over and over:

1. Napoleon Dynamite (I know it's new and trendy or whatever, but hey, I saw the short film it that started it all while at BYU, and Charming and I couldn't stop talking about it. Funniest thing ever)
2. Finding Nemo. And I have watched it over and over (at E's request). It's still good every time. (I love the initiation scene with Nemo and the Ring of Fire).
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4.You've Got Mail
5. The Emperor's New Groove
6. A Christmas Story
7. Pirates of the Carribbean

Seven people I want to join in this Seven Sevens meme:

1. House Warden of My Sanity-- my most candid mommy friend from my highschool days
2. Christy of Periods in the Midst of Sentences-- a wonderful down to earth mommy friend, who is also an aspiring writer and whose husband works with Charming
3. Mom on a Mission-- a new blogger who has a link to my site, who I would love to get to know better
4.My mom, even though she doesn't blog
5.My mother in law, also not a blogger (you guys could just email me or post it in my comments)
6.Heather of Morceaux de Fromage-- even though she has already been tagged by DYM. She is cool and I like her and she drives through snow for me :)
7. Moonface of Midnight Musings-- again also tagged by Daring, but she has a sweet blog and a very real outlook on life, and she was one of my first faithful readers who wasn't someone I already knew.
(There's more, but they too have been tagged by DYM)

Happy Blogging!

6 comments:

Ortensia Norton said...

Well then I am a nerd too. I LOVE Harry Potter. Such great books. Took me about a month after reading that last one to realize it was fictional, that I had not lost a great mentor, that Ginny and Harry's love story was not really part of my life. AHHHH. Just thinking about it...

Heather said...

Oh MAN... I love Harry, too. In fact... Wait for tomorrow on my blog! Stephanie. I'm glad I drove through snow for you. I like you, too.

:)H

Stephanie said...

Okay, RGLHM, I love Harry, but maybe i Should have mentioned: I HAVE NOT READ BOOK 6!!!!!

No, you're fine. I am not too upset. I'll get over it... :)

Kathryn Thompson said...

Thanks for playing.

Hey, can we be friends?

Seriously. I loved the your commonly used phrases and I can't wait to read that breastfeeding book.

Erin said...

Hey well maybe all of us could go without an epidural if we had labors under 4 hours!!!! But most of us aren't that lucky. Who knows if you had to go hours on end in labor, you might get over your fear long enough to get one (most women who are afraid of needles do). ;) Besides in my opinion the worst part of getting one, is after it is all said and done and they take the tape off your badk that is holding the tube in place.

Stephanie said...

Well, House Warden, one more reason for me to not get one then, eh?

I don't care if anyone else gets one! I just can't do it.