Monday, December 05, 2005

Pooplah: Let's hear it for the Poop

I suppose before I had kids, I was a much more intelligent conversationalist. I hope that I am once again in the future. But for now, guess what? E went poop in the potty! I am not ashamed to say that this was the highlight of the day.

So here's how it went down. Well, first you should understand how it usually goes down: We sit E on the toilet and tell him to poop. He sits for a long time, does not poop, we put a diaper on him, put him in his room to go to bed and he poops there. And sometimes he then falls asleep.

It only seems fitting the way that this evening's events played out. We put E on the toilet and asked him to poop. We left him. He decided he wanted to sit on his little potty chair instead of the big toilet. Fine. I went in to put S to bed and while I was reading her stories, I saw E walk by carrying the potty chair. I was worried it had "contents," but it didn't so I left him. I then heard his bedroom door close. Charming went in to check on him and got yelled at by E. I went in to check on E to see him sitting on the floor, putting his trains all over the potty seat like it was a track. I told him not to do that and left. I went downstairs and then later heard Charming excitedly telling E: "You made poo-poo in the potty! You're such a big boy! Oh Good Boy, E! Good Job." (Which, by the way is funny in itself. Charming gets this tone in his voice that would be deemed by some, un-manly. I think it is cute, he's a good papa.)

I, of course, came up to see. Took my time, for after all this is feces we're talking about here. And when I looked I saw that E had indeed created poos in his little potty chair. In his room. Yea for E. Next time he uses the potty chair I think he ought to clean it out of that thing. Nast-ola. Maybe after sanitizing his own poo bowl he'll desire to use the real toilet. No, seriously, I am very happy. He's making progress, and this is a good, good thing.

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

The poop is a burning concern in our life as well. Only recently does she love to use the potty. We are so glad.

When people ask if she's potty-trained, I say 70%. And that ain't bad.

Heather said...

Yay for E! :)

Erin said...

You should sing! Easy as that right? I think if you look you'll have many opportunites to share you talent. It may not be as a recording artist, but I think you'll find more satisfaction than you do now if you share your talent. Sing in church, not just along with everyone else, volunteer to do something by yourself or with others. I'm sure the people at your church don't know you well enough yet to know your talents. I think once you start volunteering to share you talent you'll find more places to sing. And who knows when the time permits maybe you should try out for the mo-tab. My not being a good singing would think that would be a great place to be, even though you wouldn't be a soloist.