Friday, December 16, 2005

Mom-isms

My life has been reduced (or exalted) to this.

1. Yesterday was Reenie's first non-runny poo in several days. When I discovered this, I announced to her in my most excited voice, "It's not runny, Reenie! It's not runny!" She then did a little dance of joy.

2. This morning I started singing "On Top of Spaghetti" to the children. Reenie did not want this, so she said, "No! NO!!!!" However, when I did a ridiculous dance for her, while singing it, she was satisfied and laughed at me. Anyone else laughing at me? Just curious.

3. Yesterday when E was out in the snow (makinig tracks, he said) I could see that his hands were red and freezing. I asked him if they were cold, he said yes. Did he want gloves? No. I made him wear the gloves (worried about the Frost Bite) and 30 seconds later he chucked them in the snow. I continued to let him play with no gloves.

4. Last night, while trying to talk to Charming, I realized he wasn't paying attention or listening to me at all. What was he distracted by? A video. Thomas the Tank Engine. Oy.

Well, hopefully today will be a better day than the past several. I expect Flo will be popping in today and staying for a bit. Maybe then things can get back to normal. Whatever that means.

3 comments:

Ortensia Norton said...

We are too much alike. Yelling about poop...Dancing while singing stupid songs...Child asked for gloves didn't give them to her...husband 1/2 hearing or not hearing what I am saying...flo helping things get back to normal...oh the life, the life.

Two of us makes it normal.

Kathryn Thompson said...

I don't remember normal. If it happens, tell me what it's like.

Anonymous said...

Woah! Woah! Christmas photos of the babies. Isn't the favorite Aunt entitled to something here? Where's mine? I am really T.O.'d. Thanks A LOT!