Monday, December 12, 2005

How did Mary get to Bethlehem?

By Minivan, of course! And she rode in the backseat, too...

This is really how I found them.

Well, okay. I found Joseph under the table and only Mary and the Shepherd were in the van. Seemed a little scandalous to me, so I added Joseph to the driver's seat. But they are otherwise in their original places.

Joseph driving, Mary having contractions in the back, and the Shepherd is coaching her breathing.

Hopefully no one gets offended by this. Don't look too closely or you'll see that they are actually headed away from the baby Jesus who has already been born. They are abandoning him to be left at the mercy of the sheep and a couple of wisemen (who incidentally in our nativity, are named Ted and Kim. I don't know where Balthasar is...)

Okay, I have had my fun. I am stopping now.

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Too cute. I love the hands-on nativity.

Ortensia Norton said...

SOOOOO funny!! Hope it made your day a little easier to bear and hope the vomiting has stopped!

Stephanie said...

Hmmm, a replacement Jesus, eh?

Well, I have one that I got from church once. It is a rolled up piece of cloth for the body, a wooden sphere-head, and he is placed upon a pile of raffia. Maybe you could make one of those.