Friday, December 09, 2005

Vomit, vomit everywhere and not a wink of sleep

Last night could possibly have been the worst night ever. EVER.

VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the cannery with some ladies from church and when I got back the kids were asleep. I was standing in my bedroom at about 11 pm and I was just thinking, "I really want to hold my baby right now," and then I heard Reenie cry out and I went to pick her up.

I picked up a vomit baby. Puke in her ears, her hair, her bed, her nose, her jammies, etc..

Reenie took a bath and we put her to bed.

And then-- more puke.

I went to sleep around midnight. Charming stayed up with the babe, who continued to vomit every forty five minutes or so until 3 a.m.

At four am, Reenie was in our bed and making a fuss, and we tried to get her to go back to sleep. At 5 a.m. I took her in her room and nursed her. Back in bed. 10 minutes later-- more puke-a-roo. Another bath. She hurled again right after the bath. I felt tired and sick and wanted to cry. I had had only four hours of sleep and I was a wreck. But how could I ask for Charming's help, when he had only slept 2?

But help, he did. Blessed, blessed man.

Reenie finally got up for the day around 7 a.m., and I was allowed to sleep until 9. Now here's a little something to show you how driven my hubby is-- he went to work today. If it were me, I would have called in sick, or at least stayed home a few hours to get some extra zzzz's. But no, he went in. Just another example of why he gets up with the kiddies in the a.m. and why I don't get up early.

The good news is (could there be any?) is that Reenie appears fine today. No puke thus far.

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm so sorry but I love LOVE the allusion to the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. You learned mamma, you!

Heather said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I hope she gets to feeling better. That is no fun!

Stephanie said...

Thanks.

And also, just so you know, right after I posted she did puke. Pedialyte went in and Pedia-puke came out.

She's also having diarrhea. But the good news is she's sleeping a lot.