Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I give up

Well, I have dealt with enough vomit and diarrhea in the past few days to last me a lifetime. But, seeing as how I dealt with it rather ungraciously, I am sure Heavenly Father will see fit to bless me with such an epidemic at least once more before I die.

Today has not been one of my finer mothering days.

Now that we are coming out of the Land of Vomitocity I am seeing all the things I must do in the little time I have left before we go on vacation. I am drowning. Not in vomit, not in poop (although it seems so) but in Holiday-ness.

Yes, I have succumbed to the Holiday Stress.

Let me list for you all that I must do, so that you can either feel for me, or so that I can see how little the list actually is.

1.Finish Christmas Shopping
2.Wrap and Mail gifts (This involves much more than it appears, as I have two small children)

3.Find my driver's license by some Miracle, since it is too late to go ask for a replacement and get it in time, and I need it to fly
4.Direct church choir on Sunday
5.call all members of choir and see if they have gotten to gether to practice this week
6.Hold Saturday rehearsal for choir
7.Pray like crazy that choir does not bite on Sunday
8.Pack
9.Clean EVERYTHING

10.Charming's work party Saturday evening
11.Christmas letter
12.Figure out what to do about picture for Christmas letter, since my friend took the pictures and they did not turn out well. She even drove the hour twice to take them for us since the children were ill-behaved.
13.Find someone to get our mail while we are gone
14.Clean up the inevitable poop that will be surely spewing forth from Reenie over the next few days more

15.Clean up the poop that I know E will continue to have in his underwear
16.Cry
17.Cry some more.

Well, evcen though I don't think I could just send a holiday picture of Reenie, we did get this good shot from our family photo shoot:


Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry, Steph. Just send that one of Reenie, and call it good. It's cute enough. You will make it! Soon you'll be in faraway land of bliss and relaxation. I have to stay here with the stress for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

You don't really have to find your license to fly, you could use your passport, if you have one?

Stephanie said...

Brooke-- very true.

Heather, I don't know about the bliss part, but thanks for your encouragement.

And Anon-- I don't have a passport either. I am not much of a world traveler. I am hoping maybe my paper/temporary license will do.

Erin said...

Hey I can at least take care of one of your items on the list. You don't need to find someone to get your mail while you are gone. You can put a hold on it and they will just not deliver it while you are gone. You can even do it online, so you don't even have to leave the house. Here's where you need to go. http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforreceivingmail/welcome.htm
I just tried it and it seems to be having problems so hopefully when you try it's different or you can do what I'll be doing if it is still having problems and you can ask your computer knowledgible husband, I'll be asking mine.

Ortensia Norton said...

I feel your pain. I would have put cry at the top of your list and made it 1-5. Then at the bottom of your list 15-20. I wanted to cry just reading your list b/c I've been there, done it and am about to do it again next week.

Now that it's Friday, I hope it's getting better.