Thursday, December 22, 2005

Oy. Vay.

We took Reenie to a doctor today. Ear infection, of course. I took her prescription to be filled at Wal-Mart and in the car discovered horror of all horrors about the medication.

It contained a sulpha drug.

What does this mean, exactly? Well, sulpha is the only antibiotic that I have ever had a reaction to. When I had my first sinus infection, they gave me a sulpha drug. I was the sickest I had ever been in my life. After being on sulpha a few days, I broke out in a nasty X-Files type rash all over my bod. I called the doctor who informed me I was...Allergic. Oh, is that all?

My mom later informed me that she too was allergic to sulpha. My sister vomits when she takes it. Given the family history, would you be willing to try it out on your kid? I am certainly not. So now what? Of course this was at 5:15 pm and the doctor's office was indeed closed.

The thing that makes me so mad is that 1. I failed to mention to the doc that I am allergic to sulpha and 2. that he wouldn't have told me what he was giving her if I hadn't asked. And even then, he did not really even explain it to me. I am ticked off.

And I don't need this kind of malarchy on our vacation.

Oy.

Oy. Vay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. I am so sorry that you have so much crap (and vomit) that you've had to deal with lately. And nothing anyone really can say would help very much, huh? You are in my prayers this holiday season.
--love, mel