Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oh man, you ain't gonna believe this one

So, how would you feel if the following happened to you?

So my good friend, err, Aussie, let's call her, came by my house yesterday to drop something off for me, and while she stood at my doorstep I commented that my house was a mess again. She then rang me later saying she would be coming in the morning to help me clean. What a good friend. Blessed, blessed woman.

When she got here, she confessed she had a small case of the runs, but she seemed fine. I had barely gotten up and hadn't eaten breakfast, and feeling a wee bit nauseated I let her get started while I ate some Raisin Bran.

She hadn't been here more than an hour when disaster struck. To spare any embarassment, let's just say she was spewing from both ends, and eventually was in tears. She ended up on the toilet, vomitting into a bucket and crying, saying she was going to pass out. She could not drive home, so her husband came to get her and he took her to Urgent Care where she had 3+ bags of fluid to fix her severe dehydration. I watched two of her kids for four hours while she was there.

I feel guilt.

While she gets to work helping me take care of my pigsty, I am semi-lounging about it and pooh-poohing about how I feel oh-so-queasy. But as the morning went on, she got progressively worse. Aussie was the one who ended up totally ill and in the Urgent Care. And still, I feel bad for her, but am also desperately hoping that no one in my house catches whatever she had.

Does this make me a bad person?

And can you believe how much vomit we've had here lately?

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

This is a lot of vomit. You needn't feel bad and tell your friend that I had 3 bags too, like the black sheep. We're twins.

Anonymous said...

You should write a song to sing whenever someone vomits...seems you'd get pretty practiced at it pretty quickly. :) --mel

Ortensia Norton said...

No guilt at all. I also wouldn't want anyone to catch watch ever it was. Poor poor girl though. Feel bad for her.