Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Better Day

Today has been a good day.

My house looks like poop, but it has still been a pretty good day.

Last night when I was telling Charming about my awful day, I found myself going over all the cute funny things the kids did. I realized it wasn't so bad. And I felt really shameful about how I behaved yesterday. I think that helped make today better. Plus I decided not to stress about stuff. Like keeping the house clean or being a creatively fun mom.

Ethan even said wow when I was sweeping up. He recognized my mad broom skills.

So I was talking to the Daring One today and thinking about all the cool things she does up there in the rainy place with her posse. It got me thinking about that mom's group that I am not going to join. Maybe I'll just start my own. Call it the Cool Mom's Club. Or maybe,the No Socially Inept, Unfriendly Mom's Allowed Club. Or that should be one of the requirements anyway. Yeah, sounds good.

I miss the rainy place today. But I am still happy anyway.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hooray for the better day. I want to chat again soon. I want to hang out. Let's form a club and call it, The Two Moms Who Live Way Too Far Apart to Hang Out Regularly, But Would Be Tight If Things Were Otherwise and If One of the Moms Didn't Live in Bug-Infested Provo Club

Kathryn Thompson said...

Do it man! I started my book club like that and we're loving it. You can dooo eet!

Ortensia Norton said...

I have just started a blog but have read yours since Oct. when Daring and Heather got me into the world of blogs. There are many of your entries that I could just cut and paste and put into my blog b/c they are almost my life to a T. (don't worry I won't copy you exactly:-) I especially like your 'Sleep' and 'not a half way gal'. How did you know all those things about me??

Ortensia- Canadian friend of the 'Sisters'