Thursday, November 24, 2005

My mommy has high speed internet

Well, we made it to the Evergreen State. 12 hours. 2 toddlers. 1 magic DVD player. And Teletubbies. Wonderful, wonderful, life saving Teletubbies.

All in all, a pretty good trip.

The children woke up at 5:30 am Washington time this morning. I was grateful they made the change to Pacific Standard Time instead of their usual Mountain Standard Time, otherwise we would have been up at 4:30 am. As it is, we are currently hanging out downstairs in my mom's basement (where we slept) and waiting out the morning until a reasonable time when other people won't mind being woken up.

Which brings me to the reason I am posting.

My mommy has high speed internet. At home we use dial-up. This is fine because dial-up only costs us 10 dollars a month. But oh, how I love the high speed. Now that I am here and using it, I realize what it is that I truly want in this life. I have a need for speed.

I don't know if the high speed will make me spend less time on the internet or more. But I think probably I could spend less time, since I wouldn't waste countless minutes waiting for things to load. I got a tiny tingle up my spine this morning when I went to a few blogs and they came up instantly. With all their pictures and everything.... Ooo-hoo-hoo--hoo. It gives me shivers just thinking about it. I love it, love it, love it! I must find a way to have a high speed connection of my very own....

Charming said we could only get it if we needed it for business or something. Give us some business if you want to help me out....

2 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I also feel the need for speed. Oh how I love it. You can NEVER NEVER go back. (your link is wrong to the tweenmakers site) I hope you guys are having a blast.

Heather said...

I am amazed and mind-blown that you have been doing all this cool stuff online without high-speed. We got it for my hubbie's work, and oh how I love it!