Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sleep

I am not a morning person.

I would love to be able to get up in the morning before my children do. It would be so wonderful to be able to do a little reading, meditate, ponder and freshly begin my day. People who say they get up before their children, I am convinced, have children that sleep through the night by three months and have children that wake up after the sun comes up. Or, they are crazy. Not sure which.

I could never get up before my kids for several reasons:

1. I am not a morning person. I wake up slowly and am groggy for the first hour of my awake-ness.

2. Do you know what time my kids get up? (Hint: Before the sun rises....)

3. I am a sleep fiend. Here is an idea of the kind of sleep I need:
11 hours: divine
10 hours: heavenly
9 hours: wonderful
8 hours: minimum
7 hours: pushing it
6 hours: non-functioning, nausea, achiness, tyranny, unhappy mom

So, there you go. I would love to, but it will not happen.

Also, I love it when my children love me and want me. But not at 6 am. At 6 am they can have Daddy. Mommy is not available. (Okay, so I am available if I feel really bad for them, like this morning. Of course, now I am feeling bad. Not enough zzzzz's.)

Hopefully today goes better than yesterday!

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

You posted this mighty early! I was walking with Sandra when you posted this. (we only do it a couple of times a week and I always think I'm gonna die.

Kathryn Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Man, I hope you're feeling better later today. Yesterday was bad. You deserve to have a good one today. Any chance of a nap?