Saturday, November 19, 2005

My Creative Memories DEE-ZASTER

I had my Creative Memories Open House today.

Disaster. Major Disaster. I have fallen into a depressed little hole of rejection and failure.

I spent too much money getting the thing set up for one. Money for the motivating free gift to give attendees. Money for the 200+ flyers I took to everyone's house. Money for the refreshments....

I spent too much time on it. Time getting my house clean. Time going to borrow stuff from my upline. Time to make the refreshments. Time to distribute 200 flyers. Four hours spent sitting around come show time.

Two people came.

Two.

NEVER AGAIN.

And the thing that makes it worse is that everyone else keeps saying how easy it is to do this.

4 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Anyone who says at-home-buisnesses are easy is a lying liar. You are so brave to be trying something like that.

Stephanie said...

Thanks. I don't know if I should quit or keep going. If I quit, I'll never know, but if I keep going, I may keep being diasppointed and frustrated.

Heather said...

Argh! I'm so sorry. I had thing after thing on Saturday that I couldn't get out of, or there would've been 3!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how long you've been a consultant, but at our unit meeting we discussed how expected turn out at an open house is 10% of your customer base. As your customber base grows, so too should your turn out at future open houses. To grow your business host some of your own Get Togethers. Make sure everyone you know knows what you do. Good luck.