Tuesday, November 01, 2005

No Place Like Home

I grew up in the Seattle Area. The Eastide as they called it. I loved it. I loved the rain, and well everything about it. I went to college in Utah and when my husband graduated, we moved back up to Seattle. 8 months later, we were back in Utah. I miss my home. My parents don't live there anymore, so I never really get to go back. Today I was particularly homesick. But there is a reason we do not live there. It is so stinking expensive!
So to make myself feel better I am doing this blog entry.

We live in Utah. Our house looks like this:
:
(We have a front yard now, and less people working on our siding :) )
If we lived in Washington, our house would look like this:


Or perhaps this:

(Since all we could afford is the lot!)

But still I miss it. In Seattle it took Charming an hour to get home. Here it takes ten minutes. Traffic here is piddly. Traffic there is a nightmare. I love it here. I love it there. For different reasons. There are a lot of great things there, that I will not mention so I don't feel bad, and there are crummy things here which I won't mention for the same reason. We may never go back there, and that is sad. But when the market crashes, and house prices drop, we are moving up-- because there's just no place like home.

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm glad there are fewer people working on the siding. But what about the guy in the garage?

Stephanie said...

He's still around. :)

Daring Young Dad said...

*sigh* I sure miss the traffic in Utah.