Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday Morning Confessions

Get Ready!

1. I'm not going to win NANOWRIMO
Can we hear the death knell? Sorry, guys. I have just under 25,000 words and you know what? I aint gonna make it. But I am happy. I have done more than I ever have on one of my "novels" and I know I will finish this one now. Just not by November 30th.

2. I have a cross nasal contamination fear
Okay, maybe this is gross, but, oh well. I sometimes get nosebleeds, so in order to prevent them I put vaseline in my nostrils each night before bed using a Q-tip. (Yes, I use the name brand, all else do not meet the standard.) I use one end for one nostril and the other end for the other nostril. One tip must never be used in both nostrils. That would be just, well, gross, I guess. As if there is such a thing as cross nasal contamination.

3. After a lovely Thanksgiving, I am glad to be home

I was really glad we saw family over the holiday, but I waffle a bit sometimes, you know. When I got to Washington, I was all, "Ooooh, I wish we lived here." Then as we were leaving I felt happy to be away, living my own life. Then on the 12 hour turned 14 hour drive because of pooty road conditions, I was like, "yeah, maybe living close to family would be good." But after we got home to our sparkly clean house, I was oh so happy to be home. Because like it or not, this is our home, here in Utah. And it really is starting to feel more like it. :) Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Christa said...

NANOWRIMO: Amen, sister. Me too. NOSE-VASELINE: This is interesting. I have chronic dry-out (no bleeds, knock on wood) this time of year. I will try this and even appreciate the gem on avoiding cross-nostril-contamination. Then again, one good booger deserves another....

Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm glad you had a great time. It's weird how one of the best parts of going on vacation is coming home.