Monday, November 21, 2005

Fessing Up

Here we go:

1. It's 9 am and my children have already eaten play dough and ice cream
E was feeding small bits of play dough to S. I was shocked. Then E got the ice cream out of the freezer, and said, "Look, I found it! I found ice cream!" After their second scoop and they wanted more, I did insist that they eat cereal instead. This went over better than expected.

2. I have a hard time being content with where I am at
I think I get this from my mom. She has had numerous jobs, for one reason or another, she wasn't happy with them and quit. During her last job search she complained that no one wanted to hire her because of her "history." She's been at her new job about a month now and recently said to me, "They have mice here. I don't know how much longer I can take this job." I love you Mom!

3. I sometimes feel guilty about how blessed I am

I don't know why this is. But right now, I have a couple of friends with bad marriages/impending divorce and I have a friend who's been married over ten years and hasn't been able to have children. I just feel bad. Like, I am flaunting my blessings if I talk about my kids or my hub.

4. I pretty much "have it all" but, I still want more
Is this bad? Yes, I think it is. I have great kids, a great hub, a great house, yada yada. But what I really want is to be in Washington living near my extended family, and this keep sme from being really happy. I think this goes back to number 2. Any ideas on how I can work on this?

5. I just saw Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith and I can't stop thinking about it
It was great! It dealt with so many universal themes, like creating what you fear, and how you can't control everything, and oh! I just can't get it out of my mind. The storytelling was so excellent and seamless. Loved it!

6. This is not really a confession, but I have seen one of these in my neighborhood.
Am I the first? Anyone else seen one?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those snowglobes are terrifying in the extreme. I'm right with you on 2,3,4. :) Not so much with the five, but then, I'm an original Star Wars purist.

Kathryn Thompson said...

Ah! You saw one first? I'm so jealous.

Stephanie said...

Yes, I saw one first. I even had to pull a U and go back to see it.

Scared Mike. He was almost more upset than me that we didn't have the camera to get a pic of it.