Thursday, November 10, 2005

Croup and Poop

Day 3 of croup-fest '05.

S slept mostly through the night. (insert sigh of relief) She has already had some unreasonable clinginess this morning. Hopefully this does not continue throughout the day like it did yesterday. Crying, crying, more crying. E felt left out so he did some irrational crying too.

Well, we got flu shots yesterday, did some grocery shopping, and cleaned the house (sort of). Lots of cuddles, no writing on the NANOWRIMO. You win some, you lose some.

And now something completely different...

E wears underwear. He is not what I would define as potty-trained. He needs reminders to go, has never taken the initiative to pee in the toilet without said reminders, and pretty much will go in pants without remorse. That said, he will pee in the toilet but will not poop. He usually poops in his diaper at bedtime and then falls asleep in it. Pooping in the toilet is something we have been working on lately:

Me: Are you making poo-poo in the potty?

E: No. I just make pee-pee. I just make farts.

I can't even type that without laughing. We usually don't use that "f-word" at our house, but lately I have let it slip. Needless to say, I found that a three-year old using the word "fart" hilarious. Maybe I'm a bad influence. I'm probably immature. Oh well.

It has taken a long time to type this entry. The croup child keeps needing cuddles....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

They should be getting better. And actually, I am doing surprisingly well...

Kathryn Thompson said...

We prefer the much more mature "toot" at our house.