Thursday, November 03, 2005

Candy and the Wisemen

Just now as I was upstairs on the internet, I heard the unattended children move into the kitchen. Faintly, I heard E say, "lots of candy." Yep. Sure enough when I went down there, he and S had gotten into the candy. But I must say, the young prince was kind enough to give his sister a piece first. She had a lollipop (he was helping her throw away the wrapper) and he was going back for his piece.
So I got out the Little People Christmas set today. Last year when E was into names, we taught him the names of all the Little People. Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, and the three wisemen-- Balthazar, Ted and Kim. I was very disappointed when I pulled out the Asian wiseman (Kim) and asked E who it was. He didn't know. Sad day! But! Redemption. I pulled out Joseph. Who's this? He knew. He also knew the angel, Mary and the Baby Jesus. I was bummed that he had forgotten all of the wisemen, but pleased that he remembered the most important figures. Good boy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, you so did NOT just come on my blog and rebuke me for not noveling, and then come on here and post. Get to WORK!

Heather

Erin said...

All I have to say it welcome to the club!!!! Some of that stuff I've been dealing with since I was a teenage, meaning the stretch marks and having to keep them in place while being active. Well come to being well endowed. I'm glad to hear that you have the same problem I do, in that one of girls is a lot more active in the supplying than another. Isn't it nice to know that someone is in the same situation you are?\
Erin