Monday, January 30, 2006

Fake Puke gets No Tears

So yeah, the morning sickness. So far, no actual vomit.

I have, however, had some near puke experiences.

Now, the problem is this: no one has any sympathy for the almost ralphing. No sympathy at all.

Me: I almost puked like five times today.
Charming: (Skeptically) You almost puked?
Me: Yeah, I hate it...
Charming: Hmmm... (Goes back to whatever he was doing)

But it is awful. I get these gaggy heaves, where I am convinced that I am about to toss some serious cookieage. But no. No puke for me. And so, I feel terrible and yet get no real sympathy. Because vomit is a tangible sign of illness, and without spewage, other people have no proof that I feel as ill as I do.

But I must ask myself: is their sympathy really worth the throwing up I would have to participate in in order to get it?

What do you think?

4 comments:

WarriorWife said...

seeing as how I hate vomiting in all cases, I would forego the desired sympathy and keep the food down.
But I TOTALLY hate the heaving yuckiness.
I wish there were something I could do for you that would magically make your stomach feel settled. Why is it that pregnancy makes a woman nauseated? I don't really understand that...

Kathryn Thompson said...

Fake puke is so worth sympathy. My word! I'd rather puke and feel a bit better afterwards. The not puking was the hardest part of morning sickness for me.

Heather said...

Oh DUDE, I'm so sorry. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand your problem. Trust me i threw up at least 5 times today and I can tell you that it's actually better to just not get sympathy because vomiting all morning long ain't too fun eigther. And I think I'm about to puke right now so excuse me..........