Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Give Me All Your Advice Wednesday: Feel Good Pregnancy Thoughts

No, I am not starting a tradition, I just need some ideas...

Okay, so here is me last night. I wake up around 1 am feeling, umm... icky. Not really nauseated, just gross. So I lie? lay? in bed thinking of what to do to make myself feel better. Rice sounded really good, but we didn't have any made up (note to self: make some rice and put it in the fridge) so then I thought, perhaps Rice Chex. So I go downstairs take a swig of Powerade (oh so good, but be careful as too much can upset the stomach) and pour myself a bowl of Chex. I then sit on the couch wrapped up in a big blanket and pathetically eat my cereal. As I sit there, I think, sitting up makes me feel better, so maybe I'll find someplace where I can sleep not laying down.

So I go upstairs and make myself semi-comfortable on the recliner chair in the kids room. I still couldn't sleep, my tummy was all churny and I kept burping Rice Chex. I then moved myself to the bathroom, hoping I could vomit and go to sleep, but it was not going to happen. So I climb back in bed with Charming at which point I hear a door close and footsteps in the hall. My first thought was, whoa, all the adults are in here. But it was just E. He was downstairs looking bewildered and he informed me he wanted to sleep in our bed.

I finally fell asleep at 2 am, and was periodically slapped by a three year old the rest of the night.

Why this story? I want your advice. What are some things that worked for you to feel good during pregnancy? I know there really isn't very much, but I just hate waking up like I did last night, so I could use your ideas.

So what have you got?

4 comments:

WarriorWife said...

This is a topic I have nothing to offer on, seeing as how I've never been pregnant. But when I feel icky but not nauseated, I've found most often it is a sign of mild dehydration. So I have to drink more--but not all at once, because you're righ, then your stomach gets sick.

Heather said...

pretty much sleeping was the only time I didn't feel like throwing up. :) Sorry. I hope you get to feel better.

Stephanie said...

Heather-- you're right, but the problem is, as shown by last night, the icky feelings wake me up and I cannot sleep! Usually, that would work.

Kathryn Thompson said...

Are you hugging the big pillow. Body pillows really helped me get comfy and STAY asleep to avoid the nauseatiousness.