Monday, January 16, 2006

Monday Morning Confessions

Whew! It's been awhile...

1. I love having kids in our bed.
Not to be confused with making kids or delivering kids in our bed... No seriously, I love going on vacation and having to share a bed with the children. They are so sweet when they are asleep and as long as they don't kick, I get a better rest with them there. However we do not have a huge bed so therefore-

2. I want a King Size Bed
We have a Queen now, which is a good size for two adults. Good even for two adults and a baby. Not good for two adults and a squiggly, wiggly toddler. Really not good for two adults and two toddlers.

3. I think we will be putting off getting a dog for a bit
Okay, so here's the deal on this one. We went to the Humane Society on Saturday and there were no good dogs there. E was terrified of the big, smelly, barky dogs and they both loved the kitties. Kitties, however do not like my children, so that is not really an option (even though it was suggested by Charming). But, after this experience, Charming said: "We should probably get a puppy." At this point, I am in NO kind of condition to be dealing with that. I can't even poop train my kid, and I do not want to be getting up at night with a dog, when I am going to have to be doing that with a baby in 8 months. So there you go, the dream has died. Not really, but it has for now.

4. I love the idea of a home birth with a midwife, but this time around we are doing the hospital thing
Is this totally hypocritical? I am seeing a certified nurse midwife, if that helps. Charming and I just both felt impressed that we shouldn't take the plunge into home birth this time around, for whatever reason, we don't really know. But I have fast labor, and I asked a local midwife about that situation, and she said, "Well, births are usually unattended because they didn't call soon enough, and usually with a fast labor, there isn't time for complications." Does that reassure you? Didn't do it for me.

5. Our Christmas cards are sitting on my dresser, ready to be mailed
Yes, this is awful and yes, I realize that Christmas was nearly a month ago. My decorations (including my tree) are still up, too. Shocked? It will probably be February before I get them down. (And no, it's not just because I am pregnant.)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I, too, like the kid in my bed sometimes. I also wish I had a King instead of a Queen. I also see midwives, and go to the hospital to cover my bases. :) We are practically twins.

Anonymous said...

You do not know me, but I know Heather. Anyways . . . I wish we had a King bed, too. I also have my children in the hospital with a midwife to cover my bases. I get the best of both worlds.

I had thought about having a child at home before, but then my sister-in-law had complications during delivery with her seventh child. She had six wonderful births with no complications and with her seventh, she had a prolapsed cord that was cutting off oxygen to the baby.

Thank goodness, she was at a hospital with a midwife (who was awesome by the way) and they were able to do a c-section and save her baby. It happened very fast because things were going along nicely and then they kind of went bad fast.

I hope that I am not being too foreword in posting that. Just my two cents about the whole home birth thing. Not to say I do not admire woman who can do that though.

I really like your blog, by the way and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Carrie:)

Ortensia Norton said...

Oh, you are the greatest. If my husband hadn't taken the tree and everything else down, it would still be up. And wouldn't come down until Feb. I decided long ago to never send out Christmas cards b/c I'd never send them out.

And I have wanted a King bed since we were first married. No such luck yet, but one day I will. If only I could trust my little one not to kick...