Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Why Be Rational When You Can be a Screaming Ball of Chaos?

Here's the set-up: It is 7:50pm and time for the bath. E of course refuses to go upstairs to the tub. When we get his kicking, screaming body into the bathroom, more tears ensue.

E: I want to go to BED!!!!
Charming: (Taking E's clothes off)
E: I'm TIRED!!! (More tears and crying as he is placed in the tub)
Me: Just sit down, E.
E: Waaaahhhh! Waaaaaaahhhh! (He sits down)

Moments later, he watches Reenie being washed by Charming, with an I-am-getting-pleasure- from-your-pain look on his face. Then it's his turn. Many, many tears. He is then taken from the tub and wrapped in a towel.

E: I want to hold you!
Charming: Okay. (Holds him and then puts him down)
E: I want on Daddy!!! (Charming briefly holds him again) I want to go to bed!
Me: Okay, let's go potty and get your jammies on.
E: NOOOOOOOO! I wanna go to BED!!!!!!!
Me: Okay, but first we need to go potty and get jammies on.
E: Waaaaahhhh! Waaaaahhhhh!

We then proceed to the bathroom. He is placed on the toilet, he pees and I take him off.

E: I'm cold.
Me: Okay, then let's get the jammies and you can be warm.
E: I wanna be warm.
Me: Okay. (I start putting his arm in the pajamas)
E: (Yanks his arm away and falls in a crumpled pile on the floor) WAAAAHHHH!!!! I wanna be warm!!! I want CLOTHES!

After much struggle and tears, the jammies are on.

E: Where's my BELLY? I want MY BELLY!!!!! I need clothes!!!
Me: E, it's still here.
E: Zip down, MOM!!!
Me: (I zip it down) See? You're belly is right there.
E: (Lovingly caresses his belly)
Me: (Zipping up his jammies) Okay?
E: WAAAAAHHHH!!!! MY BELLY'S GONE!!!!! I want MILK!!!!!
Me: Don't you wanna go to bed?
E:NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

He then goes into his room to tell his Daddy that he wants his belly, and asks him to unzip it. We finally get him in bed with his blanket and then he asks for milk again. Charming brings it, I lay next to him for a few minutes and then leave. And then, he falls asleep, hallelujah.

Apparently, he was just really tired. And hey, I get the same way sometimes.

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

That is the best post title I have EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.......EVER.

They are little maniacs, no?

WarriorWife said...

Somehow it has to be wrong to get so much enjoyment from your pain--but this is hilarious. :)

Erin said...

sounds like you should have just put him straight to bed and skipped the bath. anytime S says he wants to go to bed at night and it's a little early, no more than an hour, I go for it. I'm not going to complain if he says he wants to go to bed, baths and other things can always wait until tomorrow.