Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Great Deals

Today my mother-in-law and I took the children on a trip to "look for deals." We went to Deseret Industries (DI) first. The problem I have with DI is that most of the stuff there is total C-R-A-P. And they want to much money for it-- it's like the people that do the pricing have never been to a real store where things are actually new. There are occasional good deals to be found, however. Like our built-like-a- Buick, orange, $35 hide-a-bed, for example. Love it-- great for guests. Another example-- I was making a casserole for a friend and I didn't want her to have to worry about cleaning the dish and getting it back to me, so I bought a glass casserole dish for $1. Smart. Today I bought two wicker baskets for S's room. $3 total. Great deal.

Next we went to Ross. We were looking for a picture or a mirror for our family room. I found a non-offensive, not-too-exciting-but-still-lovely, picture of a flower which will look great with the other pictures I wanted to hang there. $8.99. I did good today!

No comments: