Sunday, October 09, 2005

Tiny Violins

So my mom has been here this weekend. I think I have been the happiest and most content that I have been in a long time. I am kind of dried up as far as semi-interesting things to blog about. Not much time to ponder quirky thoughts when trying to spend quality time with a person you don't see very often.

I get so jealous of the girls whose moms live close by. They get to see their moms whenever they want, and their moms can even babysit. I almost kind of resent them, and sometimes don't like them. Why? Because they have what I want. Isn't that terrible? What kind of person am I?

I'll tell you what kind of person I am. I am a person who needs deep meaningful friendships in a place where I don't have my mommy nearby and no friends who I can call when I'm crying. I am making friends, and there are people here that I like-- but time is what makes friendships close, and I haven't been here that long. Okay, I am stopping now. I'm starting to depress myself. Can you hear the tiny violins?

1 comment:

Kathryn Thompson said...

This could be fun. It’s Tip Day Tuesday on www.daringyoungmom.com. How do you use outside help to lighten your load and make your job easier? Post your ideas in my comments or on your own blog but let me know when your post is up.

What a load of spam that sounds like. I'm glad you had fun with your mommy. I miss mine too.