Saturday, October 15, 2005

What is wrong with these people?

Why is it that now that it is darker earlierin the evening and darker for longer in the morning that the children have recently decided that 5:00 am is a good time to awaken?

This is going to be an angry blog.

It is 7:00 am Saturday morning. As I type my children are upstairs in their rooms bawling their brains out. They (and their parents, consequently) have been awake since 5:30. Why? Heaven only knows. S woke up and wanted to nurse. Fine. She nursed, we put her back in her crib and she started crying 15 minutes later and hasn't stopped since. E got in our bad and wanted milk. Fine. We gave him milk, he stayed in our bed, then asked for more. Fine. We gave him more. He is now in his own room asking for more flipping milk.

Every time S stops crying, E starts up and vice versa.

What is wrong with these people? Why do they not value sleep in the same obsessive way that I do? It doesn't help that, against my better judgment, I stayed up past 11 playing Tiger Woods golf withMike and my dad (who's visiting-- nice night to sleep over, eh?). But that is beside the point. I now have gotten less than 6 hours of sleep (I need 9 or 10) and my kids are still screaming. Full throttle, by the way. Top of the lungs crying. These are not tiny whimpers, people. Giving in to them at this point would be useless. E has already proven that milk does not help him go back to bed, and I am pretty sure S just wants to get up. Not. Going. To. Happen.

It's 7:09. They are still at it. I just may win the award for worst mother of the year if this goes on much longer.

No comments: